Delicious whole fish grilled on cooking salt plank
Posted On: 11/16/2015 - Viewed: 19988
This is a delicious way to prepare a frozen or fresh fish. Clean a fish such as carp from the Asian Market and prepare it right away or freeze the fish for later use. Almost any fresh vegetables can be used with the broiled fish. Just a salt plank and few simple steps, you will have the very best fish ever. Using the Grilling Seafood sauce adds exotic flavor to the dish.
- A 1.5-2 pound fresh or frozen carp.
- 1 medium Himalayan salt plank
- A lemon grass (optional)
How to do?
We have this available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/salt-plank
- Defrost the fish and clean as needed. Then place the fish on a basket and drain to remove excess water.
- Cut the lemon grass into two inch long pieces
- Put the Himalayan Salt plank on a silver tray on the broiler (to keep any water that leaks out from the fish to keep the broiler clean)
- Turn on the broiler, adjust to Hi heat and keep it there for ten minutes or until the plank gets very hot (The life span of the plank may be shortened when it is in Hi heat. If you want to keep it longer, please use Low heat for 30 minutes.)
- Turn the broiler to Low heat
- Put the fish directly on the pre-heated plank and let it sit there for 15 minutes (time might vary a little due to the fish's size).
- Turn the fish over and broil it for another 15 minutes more (again time might vary a little due to the fish's size).
- Take the fish out and place on a plate.
- Serve it with grilled seafood sauce (See below)
Salt plank clean up note:
- Take it out of the broiler and let it cool down. Then use a dinner knife to remove the food residue on it.
Tip to uses:
- Carrot slice
- Cucumber slice
- Green pineapple slice
- Green banana slice
- Rice noodle
Grilled seafood sauce:
- Use a small portion of fish (a spoonful), take out all bones and place the fish on a leaf of lettuce together with other slice vegetable to make a roll. Then dip this roll to the seafood sauce to serve.
See here how to do