How Table Salt Kills You
Posted On: 02/19/2016 - Viewed: 36184
When you think of the term “salt”, you probably picture a cylindrical cardboard canister filled with tiny white crystals- you may also picture a glass shaker sitting on your kitchen table. While table salt is incredibly common, many people do not realize that it is also incredibly dangerous. In this writing you will learn the hazards that traditional salt poses to your health. By the time you finish this article, you will be ready to toss it over your shoulder and straight into the trash can.
WHERE TABLE SALT COMES FROM
What you know as “table salt” is a commercially manufactured form of sodium, called sodium chloride. This chemical is similar in taste to naturally-occurring salts like Himalayan salt and sea salt, but that is where the comparisons end. This salt is made by cooking natural salt at extremely high temperatures, around 1200oF to remove impurities. In the process, however, most of the natural mineral content of the salt is lost as well- this includes the trace elements that are essential for keeping the body hydrated and fluid levels balanced.
After the salt is chemically cleaned, it is often “refined” with synthetic chemicals. Some of the chemicals commonly added to this salt include:
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Anti-caking agents
- Potassium iodide
- Aluminum derivatives
You may notice that iodine is often added to this kind of salt. As far as you may know that iodine is an important natural element in salt that supports the thyroid. During processing, however, much of the natural iodine content is lost, so manufacturers add synthetic iodine to this salt to take its place. Unfortunately, this synthetic form of iodine can severely damage the thyroid which may lead to issues with growth and metabolism.
Another thing you should think about in regard to this kind of salt is its color. How does it get that bright-white color? The answer is simple- manufacturers add bleach to color the salt. Other additives like anti-caking agents and MSG are also commonly used in processing it.
THE DANGERS OF TABLE SALT
As you know salt is essential for proper health, it is important to realize that there are different types of salt and not all of them are good for you. Table salt, for example, has been chemically “cleaned”, having most of its naturally mineral content removed and replaced with synthetic chemicals. You may be shocked to hear that the minerals stripped from salt to create this kind of salt are often then sold to supplement companies. This means that the manufacturers producing it understand the benefit of the minerals they are removing but they continue to make a product that can be harmful to your body.
So, how exactly does table salt harm your body?
- In the absence of vital minerals, this salt causes fluctuations in blood pressure rather than helping to stabilize it
- Contains inadequate amounts of iodine to prevent/ compensate for iodine deficiencies
- Toxic additives like ferrocyanide, talc and silica aluminate are used to make table salt flow more easily
- Aluminum intake is particularly linked to neurological disorders
- Talc is known to be a carcinogen, though further tests on its effects are needed
- Aluminum bioaccumulates in the body, increasing its degenerative effects over time
- Your body expends tremendous amounts of energy to metabolize this salt crystals
- Inorganic forms of sodium can upset the fluid balance in your body
- Water is drawn out of your cells to break up and neutralize sodium chloride particles, resulting in dehydrated cells and premature cell death
- For each gram of sodium chloride your body can’t excrete, it uses 23 times the amount of cellular water to neutralize it
- Fluoride, another common additive for this salt, has been shown to interfere with the function of nerve cells in the brain
- Fluoride may also increase manganese absorption in the body- manganese is also linked to cognitive problems
So why do people still use table salt? The answer is simple- manufacturing companies use targeted advertising campaigns to convince consumers that additives like iodine and fluoride are healthy.
We have the most natural salt on Earth available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/gourmet-salt
Himalayan Salt Rock Salt Lamp Health Benefits- Aysel US (page 103-108)