The most delicious Mexican chocolate chili Himalayan Pink Salt truffles
Posted On: 05/02/2016 - Viewed: 23561
A spicy taste from South of the border, these salty chili chocolate truffles, rolled in Mexican Ibarra chocolate and Himalayan pink salt, are divine! You won’t be able to stop eating them. Mexican Ibarra chocolate disks are made with chocolate mixed with cocoa beans and cinnamon.
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pouring cream
- 1 table spoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon confectioner’s chili oil
- Salted cocoa dusting powder
- 3 oz. Ibarra chocolate disks, roughly chopped
- 1 table spoon Himalayan pink salt
- A melon baller
How to do?
- Put the chopped chocolate, cream, and butter in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the chocolate has started to melt, stir gently until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the chili oil and pour the mixture into a shallow bowl. Refrigerate until firm.
- To make the dusting powder, process the Ibarra chocolate to a powder in a food processor. Pour it into a bowl and mix in the Himalayan Pink salt.
- When the chocolate mixture has set, scoop out the truffles with the melon baller and roll into balls. Toss in the dusting powder and serve.
- You can adjust the amount of chili oil to taste.
- If you can’t find Ibarra chocolate, you can make a similar dusting powder by mixing these ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 table spoon of Himalayan Pink salt
Salt- cooking with the world favorite seasoning- Valerie Aikman-Smith (Page 56)