Colored Himalayan Salt for glass decorations
Posted On: 06/28/2017 - Viewed: 3986
(For ages 6 and older)
This project is fun for kids in the summer. Not only will it keep them entertained for a while but it is also cheap to do.
Save old jam, pickle or mustard jars, let the kids create their own colored Himalayan salt and then they can fill the glasses up in layers of colors.
You will need the following ingredients for Colored Himalayan Salt for glass decorations:
How to do Colored Himalayan Salt for glass decorations
- Chalk in different colors
- Small bowls for mixing and glasses
- Jam jars, wide straight glasses, etc.
We have the purest Salt available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/gourmet-salt
- Fill a small bowl up with the amount of Himalayan Salt you need. Insert the chalk and work it around the salt in a circular motion. This will start to color the salt. This may take a little time. Continue until the color is the shade you would like it to be.
- Now fill your glass with the color salts and then repeat step 1 with another color of chalk and put the new color salt on top of the first color in the jar. This will create layers of different colors and can be made up of however many colors you want.
- If you would like to create different patterns and designs, take a spoon end or something similar and insert it in the glass and poke the colors down as desired. By moving the object around, you can create all sorts of interesting parterns.