Easy squid grilled on Himalayan salt plank
Posted On: 11/15/2015 - Viewed: 32778
Anyone who is fond of seafood will love grilled squid so much. However, sometimes we find it difficult to make it ourselves. Now with the Himalayan salt plank, it is easier than ever. We will make it in less than 15 minutes.
- A 0.5 pound fresh or frozen squid
- Two small Himalayan salt planks (squid has a lot of water inside, so the water can leak out and doesn’t make the squid too salty.)
How to do?
- Defrost the squid and clean it if needed.
- Cut the squid and clean the inside. Then place the squid on a basket to remove excess water.
- Put the Himalayan salt blank on the broiler. (You can place a silver tray under it to keep the water when it leaks out from the squid to keep your broiler clean.)
- Turn on the broiler, adjust to Hi heat and keep it there for ten minutes or until the plank gets very hot (The life span of the blank may be shortened when it is in Hi heat. If you want to keep it longer, please use Low heat for 30 minutes.)
- Turn the broiler to Low heat .Put the squid directly on the pre-heated plank and let it sit there for 1.5 minutes (time might vary a little due to the squid's size).
- Turn the squid over and broil it for 1.5 minutes more (again time might vary a little due to the squid's size).
- Take the squid out and place on a plate.
- Serve it with grilled seafood sauce
We have this available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/salt-plank
Salt plank clean up note:
Grilled seafood sauce:
- Take the plank out of the broiler and let it cool down. Then use a dinner knife to remove the food residue on it.