American beef steak grilled on Himalayan BBQ salt plank
Posted On: 11/18/2015 - Viewed: 10441
One of my food favorites is beef steak. I can easily find it in a restaurant. I think it is so cool to make it. After that, I leaned a very simple but effective way to cook a very flavorful and tender beef steak in the American style. Life is now a lot easier with the Himalayan BBQ salt plank.
- A 0.5 pound fresh or frozen beef cut
- A medium Himalayan pink salt plank
How to do?
- Defrost the beef and clean it if needed. Then place the beef on a basket to remove excess water.
- Put the Himalayan BBQ salt plank on the broiler
- Turn on the broiler, adjust to Hi heat and keep it there for ten minutes or until the salt plate gets very hot (The life span of the plank may be shortened when it is in Hi heat. If you want to keep it longer, please use Low heat for 30 minutes.)
- Turn the broiler to Low heat
- Put the beef directly on the pre-heated plank and let it sit there for three minutes (time might vary a little due to the beef's size).
- Dress the beef with seasoned spicy if you like
- Turn the beef over and broil it for three minutes more (again time might vary a little due to the beef's size).
- Take the beef out and place on a plate.
- You will have a medium steak. You can adjust time to have the beef cooked the way you like.
Himalayan BBQ salt plank clean up tip:
- Take the plank out of the broiler and let it cool down. Then use a dinner knife to remove the food residue on it.