Fantastic Grilled Shrimp on salt plank in 15 minutes. Anyone can do.
Posted On: 11/04/2015 - Viewed: 22750
When I left Thailand for America, I missed the grilled seafood, especially the grilled shrimp. It is now tougher with my new life with a lot of new challenges including that I have less time for cooking. Fortunately, I discovered Himalayan Salt planks for cooking. At first I only used the planks of cooking beef which was wonderful. Then, I thought why not use the planks for shrimp. Grilled shrimp in salt is very popular in Asia. I tried it and the results really surprised me. The shrimp were so tender, flavorful and prepared very quickly. I was very happy. Now you can also have your favorite grilled shrimp at home in 15 minutes.
- 1/2 pound of fresh or frozen and thawed shrimp
- 1 medium cooking salt plank
How to do?
We have this available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/salt-plank
- Defrost the shrimp and clean them if needed. Then place the shrimp on a basket to remove excess water.
- Put the salt plank on the broiler
- Turn on the broiler, adjust to Hi state and keep it there for ten minutes or until the plank gets very hot (The life span of the plank may be shortened when it is in Hi heat. If you want to keep it longer, please use Low heat for 30 minutes.)
- Turn the broiler to Low heat
- Put the shrimp directly on the pre-heated plank and let them sit there for two minutes (time might be vary a little due to the shrimp's size).
- Turn the shrimp over and broil them for two more minutes (time might vary a little due to the shrimp's size).
- Take the shrimp out and place on a plate.
- Serve it with seafood sauce (See below).
- Take the plank out of the broiler and let it cool down. Then use a dinner knife to remove the food residue on the plank.
Grilled Seafood sauce:
- 2 green peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1/3 lime
- Root or stem of coriander
How to do?
- Make a smoothie of green peppers, garlic cloves and root or stem of coriander
- Squeeze the lime juice and add.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and mix it up with fish sauce and brown sugar
- Serve in small bowl