Fancy salmon broiled on Himalayan cooking salt plank (salt block)
Posted On: 11/20/2015 - Viewed: 47594
I had never thought that I could broil a salmon at home. It was totally out of my comfort zone. However, I always want to try new things and make my life more enjoyable. I saw a picture of a salmon on a Himalayan cooking salt plank (salt block) and I said to myself “Why not”? It came out so mouth watering and preparing that salmon was simpler than I thought.
- A 0.5 pound fresh or frozen salmon cut
- A medium Himalayan cooking salt plank (salt block)
How to do?
- Defrost the salmon and clean it if needed. Then place the salmon on a basket to remove excess water.
- Place the Himalayan cooking salt plank (salt block) on the broiler
- Turn on the broiler, adjust to Hi heat and keep it there for ten minutes or until the salt plate gets very hot (The life span of the plank may be shortened when it is in Hi heat. If you want to keep it longer, please use Low heat for 30 minutes.)
- Turn the broiler to Low heat
- Place the salmon directly on the pre-heated plank and let it sit there for five minutes (time might vary a little due to the salmon's size).
- Dress the salmon with seasoned spicy if you like
- Turn the salmon over and broil it for five minutes more (again time might vary a little due to the salmon's size).
- Take the salmon out and place on a plate.
Plank clean up tip:
- Take it out of the broiler and let it cool down. Then use a dinner knife to remove the food residue on it.
We have this available on https://himalayansaltusa.com/salt-plank